Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #4: Date Parsing

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

For only having one tool in my solution I am glad you can't see my run count while I sorted the regex out.

Went by identify each type of date format and adding it to the regex as and or (the pipe |) and then did the same number of steps to parse it, although had to do it as an elseif statement rather than the cleaner regex.

Spoiler
Workflow.png
Paul-Evans
9 - Comet

Nice challenge for learning additional regex functionality

Paul-Evans
9 - Comet

@MarqueeCrew

Thanks for your solution. I now know how to refer to marked groups in Regex formulas (e.g. $1) and went down a nice rabbit hole learning about lazy and greedy quantifiers to make sense of how the ".*?" behaved (which is much simpler than the workaround I came up with). 

Shivam
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
SpoilerSol4.PNG
allanq2001
6 - Meteoroid

thanks for this .. intro to Regex

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

My first 'advanced' challenge!.. pure brute force to be honest

HuwHallam
8 - Asteroid

Here's my version... I feel like there must be an easier way, but good practice with RegExs at least! Looking forward to seeing what others have done.

annangip
5 - Atom

mek201gs
6 - Meteoroid

Loved the tricks with sentences (marrying) and the date range (19 vs 20). Thanks!

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

First advanced challenge complete!