community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #4: Date Parsing

Asteroid
Spoiler
Week 4.PNG

needed a little help with regex but figured it out after that

Alteryx
Alteryx

Rocked my first Advanced challenge ... might not be pretty, but got the job done.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Solution to Challenge

Asteroid

I gotta say - this parsing text to find a date somewhere within the string, allowing for variation in date formats, has me stumped...

Without giving away too much, can someone give me a hint on how they did the parsing? (I don't want to look at anyone's full solution)...

:-D

JohnD

Quasar

@JDelgadosee Regex Tool help

Asteroid

That figures... I was never very good at writing regex expressions... thanks!

Asteroid

Got it.

I gotta say, I'm not a fan of regex... that being said, through trial and error I got a solution that works.

There is some weirdness going on with the input record that starts with "The best cure for insomnia...

Alteryx Partner

Done, glad I could put these newly acquired regex skills to use! Solution below.

Spoiler

Challenge4_screen.png

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

My first Alteryx Challenge exercise 

Spoiler
 Capture96.PNGCapture97.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner
Spoiler
4. Date Parsing Screenshot.png