We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.
The Alteryx Community will be temporarily unavailable for a time due to scheduled maintenance on Thursday, April 22nd. Please plan accordingly.

Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback

Challenge #38: Data Blending for Batch Output

GeneR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The link to the solution for last challenge #37 is HERE.

One of the powers of Alteryx is to be able to batch processes without the need to write scripts of use complicated code.   A single output tool can be configured to generate many output files.

Use Case:  A company needs to blend data from three sources and generate an output file for each product - region combination, a total of 15 output files.

Objective:  Create a cross join between the Product Group, Region Reference and Data tables to produce 15 unique CSV Data files.  Please note that only 1 output tool should be leveraged in your solution.

Thanks to all that are playing along!

TaraM
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution has been posted

Spoiler
2016-08-29 09_17_02-Alteryx Designer x64 BETA - Data_Blending_for_Batch_Output_Beginner_solution.yxm.png
Tara McCoy
brianprestidge
8 - Asteroid

Think im getting to "involved" with these challenges - too much fun to give up.

My Solution:

Spoiler
Solution
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Same solution as others (attached)

MarqueeCrew
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Thanks,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
NicoleJohnson
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

My solution, same old same old. 

Spoiler
WeeklyChallenge38.JPG
rijuthav
6 - Meteoroid

My solution. 

For Beginners , this helped me out. - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Output-to-separate-Excel-files/ta-p/1247

EstherB47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Nothing new here

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

First time at using a batch output, nice functionality

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 38 - files.pngWeekly Challenge 38.png
A_Twa
8 - Asteroid