community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #37: Parsing a Raw XML File

Alteryx Partner

My solution : (although have not renamed the columns as per in the output )

Asteroid

completed using 5 xml parse tools (pity there is'nt an option to expand xml structure in one step)

Alteryx Partner

Never done XML parsing before so I needed a some help on this one

Alteryx Partner

Here's my solution to challenge 37!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Challenge #37, done.

Did not use XML Parse Tool, I chose to parse this as a flat file.

Spoiler
Challenge_37.PNG

Cheers,

Asteroid

I went a little crazy trying to dynamically rename and order the fields to match the output!

Spoiler

challenge_37_workflow_1.PNG

challenge_37_workflow_2.PNG

challenge_37_workflow_3.PNG

Asteroid

Tried to use as few tools as possible.  Used the ability to rename in Join Multiple tool to correct names.  Naming connections before joining helps keep track of inputs to select for Join Multiple output.

Spoiler
Workflow 37.GIF

Alteryx
Alteryx

Here's my solution. Not quite as efficient as the provided solution but a great learning exercise.

Asteroid

Solved