community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #37: Parsing a Raw XML File

Asteroid

Did not use the XML Parsing tool for this...pretty painful experience!

Quasar

Solution attached.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Like others before me I branched the parse tool into 4 streams, among other reasons to keep my sanity in the face of outerXML column names (and keeping the solution dynamic, too).

Spoiler
challenge37.png

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
nav_overview.png
Asteroid

and another

Alteryx Partner

Branches and more Branches

Spoiler
37.png

Challenge Completed

Solution attached. I took the linear approach with an intermediate step for field renaming/removal. While requires more steps, the branching approach is definitely more readable.

-Ken

Asteroid

Good introduction to XML parsing

Here it is!