Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #37: Parsing a Raw XML File

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I hope I parsed this test...

Spoiler
nav_overview.png
nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution attached

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

Without taking a peak at anyone's work, I was able to come up with the same results. Here is my approach.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I guess I use macros too often

Spoiler
I built a simple macro to wrap around James Omnibus XML Input tool which automatically parses out XML
Capture.PNG
Natasha
9 - Comet

We did this challenge a while ago at the Data School class, and I still don't like HTML parsing

Spoiler
nav_overview.png
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Natasha,

I'm in full agreement with you about HTML parsing being a bit undeveloped at the moment.

If you have any ideas about how the product team could close this gap - drop them under the "Ideas" section - they do read these, and if the idea is well supported by the community it has a good chance of making it into the product.

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

I mean the columns are out of order, but the content is there 😉

samN
10 - Fireball

First time using the alteryx xml parser. It was a little humbling

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Same here.  First time using xml parse.  Lot of trial and error (mostly error).  Makes sense now!

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I find parsing XML really tedious to parse. It takes me ages to get the right tag name. Eventually found two solutions that are both different to the more linear official solution give. My solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_37 - Snip.PNG