community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #37: Parsing a Raw XML File

Asteroid

Here is my solution

Asteroid

My solution. 

Alteryx Certified Partner

Had to use a lot of (too many) XML Parse tools but this was a really useful challenge with real-life applications!

Asteroid

Nice to get some experience with the xml parsing tool, attached is my solution.

My solution :) (note: my final output doesn't match the solution exactly because the solution contains whitespace)

Spoiler
challenge_37.PNG

Asteroid

Completed.

Here is my solution.

Asteroid

My Solution

Same core strategy as the posted solution, seperating shipping info from billing info and parsing seperately but I ended up taking a much longer way around, parsing each child by name distinctly.

This was my first time with XML parsing so I was unaware you could get there using the the root>outer xml configuration.

Nice learning experience.

Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge 37.PNG
Asteroid

Solution attached! Fist time using XML Parsing tool. It is great to learn something new!