Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #37: Parsing a Raw XML File

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Mine's a linear solution.  Neat to look at, but gets messy to work with if you don't clean up unnecessary fields

Spoiler
Solution 37.png

Dan

CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx

I am not a huge fan of parsing HTML, but at least I can do it ... even if by brute force.

Spoiler
37 workflow.jpg
OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

Ewwwww....

I'm trying to work my way though all of these challenges so I don't have as much time as I'd like, but I think there could be an iterative macro solution here that would be more elegant.  Someday when I find the time, I'll try that route.  In the meantime, here is my parsing the parser solution.

Spoiler
challenge_37_completedScreen.jpg

ivoller
12 - Quasar

My solution below. Not very elegant but it gets the job done. Did the challenge because I have a real XML problem to work next. Oh joy!

kat
12 - Quasar

Finally got round to using XML parse tool

Spoiler
Challenge #37.PNG
danrh
13 - Pulsar

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Started with 2 XML Parse tools then smooth sailing from there!
nav_overview.png
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Noice

Spoiler
challenge 37.PNG
MarMu
8 - Asteroid

I don't play around with XML parsing that much, so I tend to use quite a few tools to avoid losing track.

I had a bit trouble with field ordering as the solution is changed compared to input.

Spoiler
challenge_37_start_file_MarMu.png
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers!