community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #36: Data Cleansing Extract Authors

Alteryx Certified Partner

Right, no problems here, just some nice parsing.

Spoiler
I used the sample tool to skip the first line, and then used "Text to Columns" to split the field into two columns using the "-".
I then used the "Data Cleansing" tool to strip out the leading whitespaces.
I used the "Multi-row formula" tool to assign the PMID value to all rows within a record, then filtered to only show the FAU rows. I then used the "Multi-row Formula" tool to assign the author number then cross-tabbed into the right format.

Workflow.PNGResults.PNG
Asteroid

Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
SPOILERchallenge 36.png
Alteryx Partner

Oh Boy!

This was actually a bit tougher than I thought, but I finally made it

Spoiler
It ain't pretty, but it works.

Seems like my FAU filter also included an address and that did mess up the result.

So after a lot of filtering and so forth, it came to look like this
2019-06-04 16_18_00-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_36_solution_verakso.yxmd.pngThe Workflow

Still on my way to the Lhotse Face

/Verakso

Meteor

My Solution

Asteroid

My solution posted :)