community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!

Challenge #36: Data Cleansing Extract Authors

Alteryx Partner

Alteryx Certified Partner

My solution :)

Asteroid

Using multi-row formulas

Asteroid

Definitely done this with too many tools...

Spoiler
Challenge 36.PNG
Asteroid

Here's my submission  

challenge 36.PNG

This challenge was *wonderful*. Here's why: there's ways of doing this, and there's efficient ways of doing this.

My original solution was 8 tools, but it took some 30 seconds to run. Why? Because I used the concatenate function of the Summarize tool. That gummed up all of the works. 

I took a peek at other people's solutions and then when whole hog on the multi row tool and it takes a mere second or two to run. 

I included both of them in the attached workflow.

Asteroid

Solution attached

Fireball

This one was fun, but adding in the old style icons messed me up.

Meteor

Found this quite tough, and definitely could have been more efficient - but got there in the end and some good lessons learned.

Asteroid