Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #36: Data Cleansing Extract Authors

htrivedi123
8 - Asteroid

Here is my approach. I am not comfortable with Regex like many of you have used so I utilized more tools than most but finally got there. 

Mental note, - learn Regex!!!

amcollen
7 - Meteor

There may be better ways to do this... but mine works.

amcollen
7 - Meteor

Noticed I was getting some bad data.  Tweaked my solution to fix.  Downloaded someone else's solution (who was complaining that it was inefficeint), ran in 8 seconds.  My sort alone takes almost a minute: I need to learn more tools.

Vikash_kumar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for this challenge question, i added one more tool in my armour called "Multi-Row-Formula".

Solution really helped me to learn and implement this new tool.

DavidLane
8 - Asteroid

Relatively straightforward one with the use of regex tools.

Spoiler
DavidLane_0-1591173680320.png

Oren_Soloman
8 - Asteroid

There are two solutions for this.  The first one works but I can't figure out why, so I redid it a second way.  

AlexC2
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

maazinh
8 - Asteroid

Getting better with the multi row formula

MikeMcFadden
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
My solution
Nicholas_Norton
8 - Asteroid

I accidentally deleted my original solution, so I had to re-do it! Nevertheless, shout out to user htrivedi123 for giving me the idea of how to tackle this problem! I too have yet to fully understand Regex, but by using his approach, I was able to learn how to use the Multi-Row Formula a bit. 🙂 

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-06-09 172237.png