Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #36: Data Cleansing Extract Authors

PeterH23
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

Spoiler
Challenge#36.png
Soonyeon_Kim
6 - Meteoroid

I was shocked because of

"apostrophe"

I couldn't imagine it.!

Plus How can I use the Spoiler which is covered images in this reply?

Could anyone give me the way? 🙂

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Time to work on these challenges!

Spoiler
grossal_0-1586639551152.png

This took me way too long and many tools, but my mind wasn't able to get it done with less.

Soonyeon_Kim
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your interest and give a better way.

I absolutely agree with using "Left function" in the second tool, multi-row formula.

I also thought to use "Left" at first, but I would like to use the regex that is more general. That's why mine is longer than I expected.

GaneshBo
Alteryx
Alteryx

My Solution:

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Loved seeing how so many different solutions present themselves!

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
steven4320555
8 - Asteroid

Given the format of the column name, an easier way is to use text to column. But I have tried to use running total, and multi-row formula as a practice.

Spoiler
steven4320555_0-1586977650122.png

steven4320555
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Soonyeon_Kim 

Just in case you still haven't found the answer for your spoiler question.

Spoiler
steven4320555_0-1586978267168.pngsteven4320555_1-1586978289387.png

"

Spoilers are another popular option. Click the Insert a Spoiler Tag icon to create a spoiler container. This is essentially a mini response box that will be collapsed so as not to give away any tricks for those who haven’t solved yet.

Many folks like to insert a screen capture of their workflow. Make sure your cursor is in the spoiler box and use the “Photo” icon to upload an image.

"

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/How-to-Respond-to-a-Weekly-Challenge/td-p/429291 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

JeremyGonzva
8 - Asteroid