Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #353: A Pokémon Tournament

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here.image_353.png

To solve this week’s challenge, use Designer Cloud or Designer Desktop.

Haven’t heard about Designer Cloud yet? Watch a demo.

How often do you get to be the judge of a Pokémon video game tournament? How well do you know your Pokémons?

In this challenge, you will determine who qualifies as a Pokémon trainer for a tournament! Pokémon are virtual creatures living with human partners called “trainers.”

Let's introduce you to the concept of Pokémon types. Types are properties applied to Pokémon and their moves, which affect the power of moves in battles. There are 18 types: Normal, Fire, Fighting, Water, Flying, Grass, Poison, Electric, Ground, Psychic, Rock, Ice, Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Dark, Steel, and Fairy. A Pokémon may have either one or two types. For instance, Charmander is a Fire type, while Bulbasaur is both a Grass type and a Poison type. There are a total of 324 possible ways to assign types to a Pokémon.

To qualify as a trainer in the tournament, you must have at least eight Pokémon types total, ranging across your six-Pokémon roster.
The dataset Pokemon trainers contains information on four Pokémon trainers and their six Pokémon.
The dataset Pokedex contains information on all Pokémons from all generations, such as the type (or types) of the Pokémon.

Your challenge is to determine which trainers qualify for the tournament and list the trainers' names and their six Pokémons (eight Pokémon types total).

Thank you for your comment @Jean-Balteryx . The start file was updated.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Pokemoooooooon !!! 😍

Here is my workflow ! Also, input looks like they are mislabelled.

Spoiler
JeanBalteryx_0-1673433175333.png

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Gets to the result, although I am curious of others' answers

mmontgomery
10 - Fireball

A minor pain to extract trainer info, but brute forced it.

Spoiler
mmontgomery_0-1673272729630.png

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution!

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1673274372816.png

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

This was brilliant!

Spoiler
Christina_H_0-1673275826712.png
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

sometimes the challenge is to squeeze in the time to find the answer today (-:
here's my take:

Spoiler
353.png
LHolmes
9 - Comet

Solution attached - take a Pika Pika for a spoiler.

Spoiler
353 - Solution.PNG
353 - Tournament Roster.PNG
ahsanaali
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
ahsanaali_0-1673277973881.png

benjimoser
9 - Comet

My solution (without the "JSON Parse" Tool, but with the correct sorting at the end and a test whether all Pokémon have been joined)

Spoiler
benjimoser_0-1673280614850.png