Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #347: Map Messi and Ronaldo's Goals (Part 2)

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here.

This challenge comes to us from @Qiu  who was inspired after reading the following article: https://medium.com/analytics-vidhya/using-spatial-and-activities-data-with-python-to-understand-how-.... Thank you for your contribution!

This week, we will continue using datasets to analyze how Messi and Ronaldo do their magic.image_347.png

For Part 2 of this challenge, you will:
- Use the Part_2_input dataset to create the points where Messi and Ronaldo score their goals.
- Use the FootballPitch dataset to create the Football Pitch.
- Finally, joint the two previous findings to layout the Football Pitch and the goals from Messi and Ronaldo.

Hints
- The x and y coordinates are always in the range [0, 100] there, x position shall be multiplied by 1.25 and Y by 0.85 to get actual scale.
- Give the relatively small scale of a football pitch, it is better to multiply 1000 to both x, y positions of player and football pitch for visibility.

Check out our newly rebranded Spatial course.
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Spatial%20...

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

Fun challenge.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1669645973572.png
AkimasaKajitani_1-1669645991104.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My Attempt at plotting in the Interactive Chart Tool

(a bit messi, but can clean it up later)

Spoiler
PhilipMannering_0-1669646639800.pngPhilipMannering_1-1669646880327.png

mmontgomery
10 - Fireball

A fun one! Had to tweak some of the formulas to get the spatial info to match the original image. Spent too much time trying to fine-tune the map.

Spoiler
mmontgomery_3-1669646759294.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

My solution to #347. Took a little bit of time to work out what Gr/SN were but a fun little challenge in the end!

Spoiler
DataNath_0-1669646997946.png

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Here's my take

Spoiler
somehow the positions aren't quite matching the output file yetsomehow the positions aren't quite matching the output file yet
DataNath
17 - Castor

@RWvanLeeuwen this is what I had at first based on the hint but then realised that the 1.25/0.85 multiplications only apply to the player positions, not the pitch drawing.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Kenda_0-1669648860226.png

benjimoser
9 - Comet

My solution :)

Spoiler
benjimoser_0-1669649900055.png

johnjankowski
7 - Meteor