Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #34: Date-Time Formatting

Ruud
10 - Fireball

If it's ugly and it works, it is still ugly.

CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx

In Version 11.0 the Date-Time Parse tool was upgraded, making the need to use more than one tool obsolete for this challenge.  However, in the spirit of the weekly challenge, I did it both ways.

Spoiler
34 Macro.jpg
kat
12 - Quasar

Of course now possible with the regular date time tool, but I tried some Regex on it. Still a one tool solution :D

Spoiler
Challenge #34.PNGChallenge #34 - macro.PNGChallenge #34 - fromula.PNG
arein0
8 - Asteroid

danrh
13 - Pulsar

OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

Solution attached.

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

My solution is similar to many others!

Spoiler
I'm not sure why this required a macro. I'm guessing that the Date/Time Parse tool wasn't available at the time this challenge was posted? 

Capture.PNG
MaxGiegerich
8 - Asteroid

"Advanced"? Didn't realise you could use regex as a delimiter in the text to columns tool. That will come in handy for sure!

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Much like @Natasha, I was confused by the fact that the instructions told us to create a macro. I saw an easy solution only using a Formula tool. Anyway, if I were required to make a macro, I would simply have an input, use the same Formula tool, and then output the result.
34.PNG
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Nice and quick

Main.png

Spoiler
Here's what's behind the clock face

Macro.png

Dan