Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #338: Let's Summarize!

lugesy
8 - Asteroid

My outputs don't match with start file's outputs. 3rd record for John Coltrane is missing in the start file's output. (Updated)

338_15records.png

sergejs_kutkovics
9 - Comet

As have been mentioned in many replies, dataset result doesn't match the output provided. I believe First and Last year mean oldest and newest album respectively. I used min and max year functionin Summarize, not just First and Last one.
Also made a list of distinct genres for each artist.

Spoiler
sergejs_kutkovics_0-1664270903548.png

NicolaMahood
8 - Asteroid

It amazes me the different ways people do this! Same as a few have said, had no null years, so the results are different, but here is my attempt!

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Me too, there's no Null year records. And I have a different result. For example, the year of the first album for Miles Davis is 1957, but the result has 1959. I think my result is correct.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
JamesCharnley_0-1664274629667.png

Another nice and straightforward week

Brian32
8 - Asteroid

Challenge Solution:

Spoiler
Brian32_0-1664281858263.png
Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

Spoiler

Miles Davis was sure Busy!

My solution is below: I had some discrepancies, as John Coltrane was in my final solution with twelve albums all with release years...

Capture.PNG

janwisniewski
Alteryx
Alteryx

This was a great challenge to learn more of the advanced options of the summarize tool!

I was surprised about the outcome of "Year the first album was released" and "Year the last album was released". I used Min / Max function here instead of First/Last due to the wording of the challenge.

janwisniewski_1-1664285279064.png

EFLOw
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
EFLOw_0-1664286213013.png

Joe_Tipper
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Joe_Tipper_0-1664292726915.png

outputs didn't quite match but two approaches i'm happy with