Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #338: Let's Summarize!

lugesy
8 - Asteroid

My outputs don't match with start file's outputs. 3rd record for John Coltrane is missing in the start file's output. (Updated)

338_15records.png

sergejs_kutkovics
9 - Comet

As have been mentioned in many replies, dataset result doesn't match the output provided. I believe First and Last year mean oldest and newest album respectively. I used min and max year functionin Summarize, not just First and Last one.
Also made a list of distinct genres for each artist.

Spoiler
sergejs_kutkovics_0-1664270903548.png

NicolaMahood
8 - Asteroid

It amazes me the different ways people do this! Same as a few have said, had no null years, so the results are different, but here is my attempt!

JokeFun
8 - Asteroid

Me too, there's no Null year records. And I have a different result. For example, the year of the first album for Miles Davis is 1957, but the result has 1959. I think my result is correct.

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
JamesCharnley_0-1664274629667.png

Another nice and straightforward week

Brian32
8 - Asteroid

Challenge Solution:

Spoiler
Brian32_0-1664281858263.png
Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

Spoiler

Miles Davis was sure Busy!

My solution is below: I had some discrepancies, as John Coltrane was in my final solution with twelve albums all with release years...

Capture.PNG

janwisniewski
Alteryx
Alteryx

This was a great challenge to learn more of the advanced options of the summarize tool!

I was surprised about the outcome of "Year the first album was released" and "Year the last album was released". I used Min / Max function here instead of First/Last due to the wording of the challenge.

janwisniewski_1-1664285279064.png

EFLOw
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
EFLOw_0-1664286213013.png

Joe_Tipper
6 - Meteoroid
Spoiler
Joe_Tipper_0-1664292726915.png

outputs didn't quite match but two approaches i'm happy with