Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #328: Booking a Flight? Think Twice!

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Ok, I tried all sorts of combinations to try and manipulate an answer to match #4, I quit trying to match and just answered the question as it appeared to be written. 

Spoiler
328 Solution MT.jpg

balajilolla1
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Solution Attached

balajilolla1_0-1658176805062.png

Powerhouse_21
9 - Comet
Spoiler

I matched my output values as "Counts" due to Question 1 and 3 showing data for counts, but the solution output's headers called out minutes.

I created two outputs for question 4, one with all flight cancelations for the originally included dataset and another that only included the joined data, both do not match the Question 4 output of 44,777.

Powerhouse_21_0-1658181158272.png

Timi8
7 - Meteor

I have to admit, I found this Challenge quite confusing, espacially because the solution didn't really match the questions. 

Tried to replicate as much as possible the solution, but I have to mention that the solution output has the number of flights delayed by airline (Q1) and by Airport (Q3) not the total number of minutes. I also wondered if the cancelled flights should have been removed from the lot of delayed flights to answer these two questions. For Q4, as mentioned by others, the solution doesn't narrow down the cancelled flights to the summer period, has way more flights in there.

All in all a nice little challenge, I always enjoy analysing flight related data 🙂

Spoiler
Timi8_0-1658181454979.png

TurboToad
9 - Comet

My take on the solution. Some variations on the output and confused on counts vs sum of minutes.

Spoiler
TurboToad_0-1658185272340.png

acarter881
12 - Quasar

Just a suggestion: Please validate the grammar, phrasing of the question(s), outputs, etc. before posting a weekly challenge.

I believe the wording and outputs are confusing many people and not generating a learning experience.

Spoiler
my_weekly_challenge_328_solution.png
RobertMika
7 - Meteor

Error....

Eswaran
8 - Asteroid

Same Tools Different Solution

Capture.PNG

ahsanaali
11 - Bolide

ahsanaali_0-1658217276763.png