Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #32: Alteryx '16 Grand Prix (Race 2, L2)

BradWerner
11 - Bolide

Surf's up!

Spoiler
challenge_32_bw.PNG
rachelgatto
8 - Asteroid

Solved. 

nnilz
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

jdemeaux
8 - Asteroid

La Jolla Shores is nice also for a beginner ;)

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

I did this a little differently than most and first created the points and then a polyline.  This allowed me to use the Spatial Info tool to get the total distance of the polyline rather than individual distances between points and then needing to aggregate.

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Wow - just wow!

I laying flat on my back in the deepest respect for those who does the Grand Prix.

Once again, I can conclude that I am light years away from that Leauge, my own timing on this challenge was 18 minutes, 43 seconds 😳😵

But here it is:

Spoiler
My SolutionMy SolutionAfterwards I looked at the provided solution, and I must admit, that it never crossed my mind, first to sort the beaches, and then join on the order of destinations, and by that way (no pun intended) find the distances between the points.

I do not think that would have made me do it faster though, since I was still a bit struggling on how to get the destinations in the correct order,.

On my way to Lhotse Face

/Verakso

garrettlem1017
8 - Asteroid

Garrett
11 - Bolide

9:04.25

echuong
8 - Asteroid

Wish uber was actually this cheap!

RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

9 minutes to solve; after that I take a look into the posted solution and I saw that you have a missing data point; from the last surf location back to the hotel; that's why my result is a little bit higher than the solution.