Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #32: Alteryx '16 Grand Prix (Race 2, L2)

leehaozhong
8 - Asteroid

Only 7 tools baby 🙂

Spoiler
Challenge 32.JPG

terry10
11 - Bolide

Nice spatial challenge!

Spoiler
ss 32.PNG

Sylvana
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

Sudha8990AI
8 - Asteroid

Learned to sort the direction by X,Y and This exercise is very helpful to understand how to sort the direction. 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my solution !

CR_Marland
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
32 solution.PNG
DavidLane
8 - Asteroid

Got this one in six minutes with a couple of quick and dirty shortcuts that I wouldn't use with no time limit, though I didn't get the offical answer as I don't have a drivedistance dataset installed. Still, method would be the same.

Spoiler
DavidLane_0-1590492732220.png

Normster
8 - Asteroid

I likewise did not see the part about it being timed.  These generally take me a few iterations because after the first time through, I try to figure out if there's a faster or shorter solution.  Didn't work for this one.

Normster

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

3:48 Minutes

I don't have drivetime installed, so i just used straight distance.

Spoiler
jarrod_0-1590684238556.png

Lap1 - 9:30
Lap2 - 3:57
Lap3 - 2:10
Lap4 - 3:48
Total-19:25 Minutes

george317
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

@GeneR @jarrod @Normster @DavidLane @CR_Marland @TaraM I didn't understood the Uber cost calculation from the solution. If someone can explain me how the cost of Uber per mile is 1.1 as it is not mentioned in the question. Moreover the third data set from the start file, what exactly it determines. Though I was able to calculate the miles but the cost to calculate per miles was were I got stuck. Would be of great help if someone could help me out.