Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #312: Hours, Minutes and Seconds

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here.

On daily basis, call centers are handling customers requests using a chat feature. In parallel, their analysts are checking data to report on their operators performance.Weekly Challenge Image 312.png

A data analyst in a major call center was responsible to report on their numbers by the end of the day. He wants to convert the time format from "HH:MM:SS" to "Hours Minutes Seconds", and his boss does not want any unnecessary information in the output. So meaning, no leading zeros and attribute should be removed if it is zero.

Using the data sets provided create an output with the format that the data analyst needs.

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Right on time!

Spoiler
0.png
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Here is my take on it.

Spoiler
atcodedog05_0-1648487243923.png

I am just solving this from muscle memory 😅. Since I had solved a similar usecase a while back😀

Thanks for the fun challenge @Qiu 

Cheers and Happy analyzing :)

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

Even though this was a simple one, I still adhered to the principle of dumping or filtering out unneeded data as soon as possible.

Spoiler
DavidCarnes_0-1648487343813.png

Blake
12 - Quasar

How do clocks greet each other? 

Spoiler
They say hour are you doing?
Spoiler
312wc.png
PatrickW_
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Alteryx: the time is now!

joelmiller66
9 - Comet
Spoiler
312 screenshot.png
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
Spoiler
binuacs_0-1648491033863.png

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

There are a pile of ways of doing this. I think I can see what Qiu was looking for based on the format of the solution and his including a mapping table for the time units, so I tried to follow that.

Spoiler
TonyA_0-1648492629465.png

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Feel like I was lazy and have too many tools, but I am pressed for time so just threw this together. 

Spoiler
MT Solution 312.jpg