Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #302: International Bank of Awesome Data - Part I

kimlam
6 - Meteoroid

My first time posting a solution. Please feel free to provide feedback. Thank you!

Spoiler

Also, I have a question. After working through Region C, I figured out I could apply the same approach (based on length of the fields) to Region B. I saw the hint say each field of Region B file contains 40 characters. How did you arrive to this number?

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Challenge #302 is done!

Spoiler
AngelosPachis_0-1642348806437.png

BSilverblatt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the challenge! This is my solution:

mbogusz
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Weekly Challenge #302 in the canWeekly Challenge #302 in the can
ryan-bush
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
ryanbush_0-1642524580431.png

Great challenge for those looking to upskill on data prep! 

Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet
Spoiler

Region A and B only

Tony_Castillo_0-1642525492202.png

hayleematecko
8 - Asteroid

Extra credit was quite the challenge, hoping to get to that piece soon!

juliabarale002
8 - Asteroid

🏦

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Now that's a fun challenge. I'm so out of practice, but the urge is still there to make it as dynamic as possible. Minimal changes would need to be made if fields changed. I was tempted to pull out CReW Dynamic Formula for the REGEX, but it wasn't too hard to dynamically build the REGEX without it. I would like to make a lookup table to rename the fields...

Spoiler
KaneG_0-1642569737282.png

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
302.png

Few issues encountered. For C, don't know who to join for the final stage, how to join the Bank Branch to individual Bank Account.