Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #302: International Bank of Awesome Data - Part I

geoff_zath
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler

geoff_zath_0-1642106422436.png

TH
8 - Asteroid

I didn't bother rearranging the order at the end because That was not really the point of the exercise.

I had trouble finding the date for Region B for a while until I saw that someone showed a simple way to determine which digits it was.

I look forward to next week.

Edit: Made some updates to part C *Extra Credit" due to a new understanding.

I wonder how I'd do this in Python....

Spoiler
TH_0-1642176277861.png

SupperWoman
5 - Atom

2022-01-14 12_42_22-Alteryx Designer x64 - Challenge_302_Solution_LeonaL.yxmd_.png

summit_view
8 - Asteroid

Wish I took a look at the Region B hint earlier.  I was having trouble parsing the string till I realized they are all 40 characters long.  Also, in hindsight I should have used the line 1 headers, I ended up just retyping the column labels.

Spoiler
cgrace_0-1642125269960.png

NiallJ
7 - Meteor

I've had one response thanks for that. Sorry I can't see it to respond directly.

I'm still having a nightmare here. I saved down my own version of the input files but it changed the Bank Account Number to Scientific Numbers - I've spend about 2 hours trying to get Reg. Ex to insert the "-" thinking the issue was my lack of Reg Ex skill but just noticed that the the Bank Account Number isn't in Scientific format on the original file.

I assume this is a Wins 10 issue as everything seems harder since I was **downgraded** from Wins 7!

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Thanks for this amazing Challenge. @NicoleJohnson .. But the "Extra Credit Part" needed too much brainstorming and it truly gave Real World Data Extracting experience. It was a Brainstorming Friday.. Thanks..

Region A & Region B

Spoiler
allwynthomas24_0-1642169307535.png

Region C (Extra Credit)

Spoiler
allwynthomas24_1-1642169372379.png
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@allwynthomas24 You are totally correct about it being a Real World Data Extracting experience!! In fact, the idea for that particular extra credit questions 100% came from data I had to figure out how to parse in a similar way at work 🙂 Glad you enjoyed it!

NJ

SFOSTER
5 - Atom
Spoiler
SPOILER

SFOSTER_0-1642177516768.png

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

@NicoleJohnson  Hey I am really happy to know that the challenge was based on the actual datasets. It help me to improve my understanding on String Functions and also boosted my confidence. Do post such real world challenges in the future. Thank You.!

Regards.

Allwyn Thomas

tammybrown_tds
8 - Asteroid

I used way too many tools to get there, but I got there nonetheless.