Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #301: New Year's Resolutions

sgarbev
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
sgarbev_0-1641397464381.png

Spoiler
Spoiler!!jdeloretta_deloitte_0-1641397996911.png

CandiceDB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Happy New Year!! My solution:

Spoiler
CandiceDB_0-1641405979570.png

MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler

AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

my take 🙂

mmenth
11 - Bolide

See attached!

ryan-bush
Alteryx
Alteryx

A bit over engineered after seeing some other solutions but fun challenge nonetheless! 

Spoiler
ryanbush_0-1641423035558.png

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

As others have noted, I think question #1 was intended to use the overall totals, but the total row was missing from the input dataset. I chose to answer question #1 using the group Gender = Women.

I also attempted to make my solution dynamic (so it could automatically handle any new demographic groups if we wanted to re-run this in a future year).

Spoiler
kelly_gilbert_0-1641426038734.png

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
I suspect it's not valid to rank the top three resolutions based on row percentages when you don't know the sample sizes of the categories and how they are distributed across the groups but we don't have anything else to work with and the results matched the solution so I'm going with this:

TonyA_1-1641431373597.png

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Happy New Year Alteryx Community... Thanks @AYXAcademy for the very 1st Challenge of 2022 with starting No. as 301.  A Nice Challenge to Start the Year... Enjoyed it...

One thing I realized while solving this challenge was that Last Year in the same month I was neither Good at using Alteryx Tool nor Good at solving challenges and today I am Alteryx Core Certified (Nov 2021) plus posting my 101 solution. I have come a long way... Thanks to everyone for their support... It was impossible without y'all...

Spoiler
allwynthomas24_0-1641457458801.png