Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #300: Where is the party?

Reesetrain2
9 - Comet

All,

Spoiler

 I used a formula, 3 unique tools, a join and three select tools in order to solve both.
-I did get seven countries with two days for New Years. Russia has New Year's Day and New Year Holiday, as that is the reason that I think that it was showing if you used a contains like I did. I dropped the 's and just used New Year and came up with Russia.
-Cheers!
Matt

Capture.PNG
AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

my take 🙂

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

They say that getting there is half the fun.  And for me 'there' is to Alteryx where I recently began a new career as a Strategic CSM.  Wouldn't be there if it weren't for the Weekly Challenges!  Most of my activity will likely be at my new account at @ggruccioAYX.  In the meantime I will use this account to post weekly challenges here.

Spoiler
Counted the number of Holidays with "New Year's Day" in them, so it all depends on interpretation of the challenge...some other Holiday days could be included if the definition was not so rigid.  (For example "Andean New Year", "Chinese New Year").  ggruccio_1-1640726686269.png

Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet

My Results do not show El Salvador as they only have a New Year's EVE, not New Year's DAY

Spoiler
Tony_Castillo_0-1640733617745.png

Miles_Waller
8 - Asteroid

I got a different answer for the first output (countries with 2 or more days of holidays for the New Year), and I think that is because Suriname, China, Bolivia, and Russia's extra days do not contain "New Year's Day" in the english_name field. For example, Bolivia celebrates "Andean New Year" which I think should qualify it for the first output. Suriname and China both celebrate Chinese New Year. Russia has 5 days after New Year's Day called "New Year holiday." I identified these by filtering for holidays containing "New Year" but not "Eve" in the english_name field.

For the second output, I got the same 5 countries that do not have at least one New Year holiday.

Spoiler
Miles_Waller_0-1640733977622.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Here is my take on it

Spoiler
atcodedog05_0-1640762296038.png

50-Best-Happy-New-Year-Wishes-for-Boss-2021-as-SMS-Messages.jpg

sgarbev
7 - Meteor
Spoiler