Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #30: Alteryx '16 Grand Prix (Race 1, L2)

Parul_Kapoor
8 - Asteroid

Here is the solution.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Should've used the Sample tool to pull the top answer (I'll know for next time) and there are a bunch of other unorthodox ways (read: unnecessarily complex) to get to the solution but I got there.  

It was a nice challenge and a good introduction to the Data Investigation tools!

Spoiler
Challenge 30 Flow.jpg
NatSnook
8 - Asteroid

solution attached

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

PhilBalderson
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Tough! 
mbogusz
9 - Comet

Didn't know/think of using the Summarize tool's 'First' functionality.  I had used a Join tool with the Unique tool by Fantasy Team and 2015 Team Rank instead.  Using the Summarize tool's 'First' function is definitely the better way to go for the 4th part of the exercise.

Answer to the 4th part of the exercise, "Please build a table containing the count of players on each fantasy team by position, the sum of home runs for the hitters by fantasy team, and sum of wins for the pitchers by fantasy team, ordered by 2015 team rank."Answer to the 4th part of the exercise, "Please build a table containing the count of players on each fantasy team by position, the sum of home runs for the hitters by fantasy team, and sum of wins for the pitchers by fantasy team, ordered by 2015 team rank."

SandeepSK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
Solution as seen below. 

Used a Find Replace to put 2015 Team Rank back to the data because I didn't realize I could have done it directly using the Summarize tool. Oh well, solving challenges and learning!

Garrett
11 - Bolide

6:59:91

RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

Solution ready, this was simple