Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #30: Alteryx '16 Grand Prix (Race 1, L2)

Steph_Maddrell
8 - Asteroid

Just over 10 mins due to the last question!

Spoiler
Steph_Maddrell_0-1621011180379.png
arpit_tyagi
7 - Meteor

That was quick!

and I learnt "Dynamic Rename" tool also from your solution. 🙂

bam
7 - Meteor

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid

7th challenge completed. 

Spoiler
So the first two questions are fairly self explanatory, just selecting the relevant data from the tables, summing and calculating the averages before isolating the 2 answers from the data of the rest of the league. 
The 3rd question was just using the Pearson function that I did not know existed before this challenge - every day's a school day!
The 4th question I again started by selecting the relevant data and sorting it by the 2015 rank of the teams. Then using the summarize tool twice to count the number of players in each position by team and then summing the amount of home runs and wins by team. I used the cross tab tool to alter the data to view the position count by team easier. I then used the join tool to combine the two tables and again using the select tool to eliminate the duplicate Fantasy Team column. Then I used the data cleansing tool to turn the [Null] entries into 0's even though the solution doesn't require this. 

Workflow.PNGResult1.PNGResult2.PNGResult3.PNGResult4.PNG
ShashankRaj12
8 - Asteroid

Erin
9 - Comet

This was fun! Submission attached. 

Jonny
11 - Bolide

a little over 10 mins!

millerbp
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler