Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

amanda_payne
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
amanda_payne_0-1682349839071.png

Gowthamrajas
7 - Meteor

Good Solution

Gowthamrajas
7 - Meteor

Solution with Multi Row Tools

jay_char
8 - Asteroid

Good Exercise for new tools! Thank you!

chandler-gjino
Alteryx
Alteryx

Attaching my solution

Rain7
6 - Meteoroid

Completed.

Spoiler
Rain7_0-1683616784920.png

LynnPätzold
8 - Asteroid

To be honest I was a little confused by the formulation of the question and the form of the giving solution. 

Also running the challenge took a long time, but I fixed it with putting the given solution table into a container and switching it off.

Spoiler
Sol.PNG

lucascs
8 - Asteroid

Not 100%, but I couldn't find out why the multi-row formula tool doesn't perform as it seems to be expected from the challenge. Maybe something changed since then? AMP? Does anyone know? On the answer, when the original value was 'null', the tool seems to be taking the closest valid value. Note, this is different than setting the "Values for ROWS that don't exist". Anyway.

Spoiler
lucascs_0-1683895281137.png

tristank
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
I was struggling with this for a minute. At first, was using tiling to separate the categories and names. Realized I just had to group by RM and category and then it worked as intended. Was also trying to create logic for the multirow but I see that the closest values option allows me to divide everything by six and three. Output looks different than the challenge output but their output didn't make sense to me and wouldn't be good for analyzing the data. 

tristank_0-1683899173097.png

Tough challenge for me but good practice for one particular tool. (Details in spoiler)

olga_strubbe
10 - Fireball
Spoiler
olga_strubbe_0-1683909872256.png

A nice challenge, thank you, @GeneR .  I did use 'Avg' instead of Sum though in the final Transpose tool to get running avg.  Hope this is correct.  Thank you.