Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

JXEC
7 - Meteor

You know, there's a couple of small errors in terms of what's written. Mostly the examples and P.1K being D.1K in the provided set.

Regardless, here's my solution.

Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Tony_Castillo_0-1628194681566.png

nisa_m
7 - Meteor

Challenge done...

Ollie_M
6 - Meteoroid

This is my solution. Output format is different but the values are still accurate. Personally I think this is a superior output format. 

Spoiler
Ollie_M_0-1629124896550.png

JesusER
8 - Asteroid

My solution!!! 

Spoiler
JesusER_0-1629127251755.png

dbmurray
8 - Asteroid

Can't say I was super into this challenge (I guess the data was somewhat meaningless and difficult to understand what it represented). However solved - exactly like the posted solution it turned out. 

Spoiler
challenge3.PNG

matthewblandford
7 - Meteor

I believe this is technically correct...I think the target output has incorrect data...it appears that the 6-month rolling averages are incorrect once you change RM Categories (I looked at the proposed solution after creating mine, and it looks like the Multi-Row Formula doesn't group by RM Category on the 6-mo average, even though you should). Regardless, I believe this is what they were going for!

Daniel_Griffith
7 - Meteor

Done!

Manually created 5 months of past data (same info as 1st month) - didn't realise the multi-row tool would use the top row of data when asked to return something from a negative row.

Different output format, but the same info.

MichaelPilotFreight
8 - Asteroid

Check out my solution!

jenner85
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx freezes every time I open this workflow - anyone else having this issue?