Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

Koji_B
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution...

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

nnilz
8 - Asteroid

solution uses only 2 types of tools (it doesn't really require record ID tool but have included it to mimic the output), 13 in total. Runs 229kb. 

andreweckerson
7 - Meteor

Solution: Challenge #3.

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution 🙂

PhilBalderson
8 - Asteroid

This took longer than weeks 1 & 2. 

I did a brute force workflow first off, but then checking the completed solution worked on the dynamic rename solution which is much more elegant. IU used an IF THEN to get rid of nulls rather than the impute tool. 

Verakso
11 - Bolide

This was really a challenge to me, and all though I had the fundamentals right, I still had to "cheat" in order to get the right values.

I do not think I spoil to much by saying that this one needs the usage of the Multi-formula tool in order to be solved.

Now I have read the help file (https://help.alteryx.com/2018.3/MultiRowFormula.htm) on especially the Values for Rows that don't Exist.

I had originally set mine to 0 or Empty, but then I could not get my end result to match the provided solution.

So it seems that the right setting for this is Set to Values of Closest Valid Row, but I still do not get what the difference is.

But after I changed the setting to that, my result match the provided solution, and here it is:

Still a way to go 😉

/Thomas

AdiMac
8 - Asteroid

had to work back from a few solutions to figure out why the transpose and x-tab but understand this now.

nice challenge to get to know the multi-row formula

JoBen
11 - Bolide

I had to write a lot of code to make this one work...Cheers!

NilsM
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge3.PNG

my solution