Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

TKSnider
8 - Asteroid

Ok, I struggled with this one a good bit...  Definitely have a weakness when it comes to the summary tools... 😞

I had the right idea from the start, but struggled with how to make it more 'change' proof until I looked at some of the suggestions here.

I also didn't leave the format in the columns like the solution did.  I felt that that version was difficult to read and definitely would not of been good for putting into sort of visualization software

bjkay30
8 - Asteroid

Going back to do some old challenges that I haven't completed yet.  Not sure I understand the logic behind this one.  Don't know what I would ever do it like this, but ended up needing to copy some things from the solution because I couldn't quite get it right after about 10 different tries.

Spoiler
bjkay30_0-1622072685757.png

Nvy
8 - Asteroid

Challenge 3 complete

Erin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Good practice of the multirow formula tool and practice with Transpose / Crosstab. Thanks!
AlejandroMS
6 - Meteoroid

I used the multirow formula to get the moving average for 3 and 6 months. 

The challenge is oddly presented, also the averages in the explanation are calculated in a really weird way, not sure how would this apply on a real world basis. 

The way I understood it was a way to learn more from Transpose and Multirow formulas. 

kklc24
7 - Meteor

Solution

Spoiler
kklc24_0-1624534297633.png

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
workflow.png

Here is my submission, slightly different on 6 months running average, I think the solution for 6 months running average is not correct because it didn't group by Name in the multi-row formula tool. also nice to learn to set values of the closest valid row in the multi-row formula tool.

LukasJennings
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
LukasJennings_0-1624874686330.png

Tomasch
7 - Meteor

done

Spoiler
Tomasch_0-1625140097992.png

DanTh
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler

I had the right idea with this one, but executed it poorly. I had the Transpose and Multi-Row Formula tools the wrong way around, and so the way to proceed would have been 12 different Multi-Row tools, at which point I gave up.

1/5