Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

Mikkel_D_Karlsen
8 - Asteroid

My Solution

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

zmeeker91
7 - Meteor

This one was more challenging for me... The cross tab/transcribe method wasn't immediately intuitive for me so I spent a lot of time seeking other solutions. Good way to learn about multi row formulas, and I happened to stumble across some interesting information on batch macros and multi field functions! Wonder what a solution with an iterative macro would look like...

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

An utterly terrible method for doing this, but I didn't feel like thinking through any other routes. Sometimes being direct doesn't hurt anything.

aking
7 - Meteor

This was much harder than I expected and had to look at some spoliers to get some hits but it worked and I learned somethings.

Tate
5 - Atom

Hi guys,

This is my solutions for Alteryx new starters. I just started using Alteryx 2 weeks ago.

I was struggled with why my results did not match against the output. I followed the same process as the solutions. However, I still did not reach the same results against the output.

As result of investigating, Left Only and Right Only items, I Identified that 4 Field Names at the screenshot below needed to be renamed.

If you struggled the same way, please double check the screenshot below.

Cheers,

Tate

4 Field Names Renamed.PNG

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Attached is my entry to the Week #3 challenge. I have to admit, this was a little tough for me.

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Similar to @SeanAdams, I was perturbed about the calculation of the average when there weren't enough months, so I used a Formula tool to create a field to account for that.

Also, s/o to @patrick_digan for his handy multi -field multi -row multi -column Formula tool! Sure came in handy here.

3.PNG
OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

I just received my license last week and I spent some time over the weekend on these challenges.  I completed 11 challenges Friday and Saturday night (hey, my wife is out of town OK!).

Here is my solution to this problem.

kbwissi
8 - Asteroid

This was more difficult for me than I thought it would be. Here is my solution.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Same general idea as most of the others

Dan