Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

TKSnider
8 - Asteroid

Ok, I struggled with this one a good bit...  Definitely have a weakness when it comes to the summary tools... 😞

I had the right idea from the start, but struggled with how to make it more 'change' proof until I looked at some of the suggestions here.

I also didn't leave the format in the columns like the solution did.  I felt that that version was difficult to read and definitely would not of been good for putting into sort of visualization software

bjkay30
8 - Asteroid

Going back to do some old challenges that I haven't completed yet.  Not sure I understand the logic behind this one.  Don't know what I would ever do it like this, but ended up needing to copy some things from the solution because I couldn't quite get it right after about 10 different tries.

Spoiler
bjkay30_0-1622072685757.png

Nvy
8 - Asteroid

Challenge 3 complete

Erin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Good practice of the multirow formula tool and practice with Transpose / Crosstab. Thanks!
AlejandroMS
6 - Meteoroid

I used the multirow formula to get the moving average for 3 and 6 months. 

The challenge is oddly presented, also the averages in the explanation are calculated in a really weird way, not sure how would this apply on a real world basis. 

The way I understood it was a way to learn more from Transpose and Multirow formulas. 

kklc24
7 - Meteor

Solution

Spoiler
kklc24_0-1624534297633.png

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
workflow.png

Here is my submission, slightly different on 6 months running average, I think the solution for 6 months running average is not correct because it didn't group by Name in the multi-row formula tool. also nice to learn to set values of the closest valid row in the multi-row formula tool.

LukasJennings
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
LukasJennings_0-1624874686330.png

Tomasch
7 - Meteor

done

Spoiler
Tomasch_0-1625140097992.png

DanTh
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler

I had the right idea with this one, but executed it poorly. I had the Transpose and Multi-Row Formula tools the wrong way around, and so the way to proceed would have been 12 different Multi-Row tools, at which point I gave up.

1/5