Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

rahmed
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Was going to use the transpose tool to be able to one expression, however i felt doing multiple formulas allowed me to make sure the averages were accurate 🙂

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Parul_Kapoor
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

damc
11 - Bolide

Here´s my solution. Today´s new discovery: the Dynamic Rename tool.

These challenges are a great way to learn!

Spoiler

Dazzerman
11 - Bolide
Spoiler

An enjoyable exercise.

MilindGadhia
7 - Meteor

shahryal
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler

Yoyo_Master
6 - Meteoroid

Great intro to the Multirow tool!

JennyMartin
9 - Comet

Good practice for building a batch macro - as an extra challenge!

Assaf_m
11 - Bolide

Solution attached 🙂

Normster
8 - Asteroid

I took a few liberties with this one.  First, I removed all the rows with Nulls all the way across rather than impute the data.  (The total number of rows removed was relatively small).  Second, I organized the fields so that each category was grouped together, e.g., all fields with u.CAGI, d.CAGI, etc.