Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

Calliecobbs
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution!

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Jbrooks
7 - Meteor

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

jwlong91
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge!  I did this using basic Alteryx tools as well as tried using the Python tool for a "one tool solution".  My first attempt at creating a Python solution was very slow, so I took a second stab at it and it ran much faster.

MikeHinz
8 - Asteroid

Marcel_Gavrila
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution!

Nikos_I
5 - Atom

My solution is a bit more messy, meaning that if we had a million columns to do calculations it would take a million times to apply the multi-formula tool. Not very practical. But it was what stroke first as a possible solution.

However, I post this solution because upon testing the calculated and the expected results I noticed an error of the magnitude of -13 which is probably to the machine error in the division in the multi-formula calculations.

I just noticed that before the test in the actual solutions the numbers are transformed to integers. Would this be considered a good practice? (Probably not if data involve big numbers)

Spoiler

Hobbs1292
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution for #3. Thanks,

Will

Niklas
8 - Asteroid

Challenge done and attached. Reconciliation was hard as there is some inconsistency i the answer headers.

Etienne
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

FRANCK_ROUQUETTE
8 - Asteroid
solution similar to others - great exercise