Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

Calliecobbs
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution!

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Jbrooks
7 - Meteor

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

jwlong91
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge!  I did this using basic Alteryx tools as well as tried using the Python tool for a "one tool solution".  My first attempt at creating a Python solution was very slow, so I took a second stab at it and it ran much faster.

MikeHinz
8 - Asteroid

Marcel_Gavrila
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution!

Nikos_I
5 - Atom

My solution is a bit more messy, meaning that if we had a million columns to do calculations it would take a million times to apply the multi-formula tool. Not very practical. But it was what stroke first as a possible solution.

However, I post this solution because upon testing the calculated and the expected results I noticed an error of the magnitude of -13 which is probably to the machine error in the division in the multi-formula calculations.

I just noticed that before the test in the actual solutions the numbers are transformed to integers. Would this be considered a good practice? (Probably not if data involve big numbers)

Spoiler

Hobbs1292
7 - Meteor

Here's my solution for #3. Thanks,

Will

Niklas
8 - Asteroid

Challenge done and attached. Reconciliation was hard as there is some inconsistency i the answer headers.

Etienne
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

FRANCK_ROUQUETTE
8 - Asteroid
solution similar to others - great exercise