Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

mmenth
11 - Bolide

Made a pretty slick macro for my solution:

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

ngrant
5 - Atom

Here is my simple approach, where I just copied and edited the Multi Row formula for each Field.

I like the approach in the Official Solution to Transpose and use Dynamic rename, but I agree with other comments about the solution that replacing Nulls with zero is not really accurate.   

I think the rolling averages are more accurate using the 'Set to values of Closest Valid Row' option in the Multi Formula tool.

cheers

Neil

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution:

Nmetzgen1
8 - Asteroid

solution attached

Dan_Silva
6 - Meteoroid

This one took waaay more time than it was supposed to. Got a better understanding of the Multi-Row formula tool and Average(n-1,n-n) function after solving this. I'm not even mad that other people came up with very similar solutions this time. 

Cheers,

Pepper
8 - Asteroid

ErenErdogan
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Here is my solution:

Have a great week all,

Eren.

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Seems like I didn't post the yxmd file for this challenge so it's not showing up on the tracker as complete.

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com
jwlong91
8 - Asteroid

Fun challenge, although I was very confused as to why my output wasn't matching till I saw others' comments.

SMSatCFA
6 - Meteoroid

Done!