community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #3: Running Averages

A little tricky due to NULL values and not grouping by month and year.

Asteroid

my solution

first time using imputation tool!

Asteroid

I was confused by the moving average example given in instructions...the three numbers given divide by 3 does not equal the moving average supplied as the example answer.

Month: Value: Running 3 mo. Average:
1 218 218
2 200 212
3 272 233

218+200+272 = 690 / 3 = 230 (not 233)

I am fairly pleased with my answer from an eloquence perspective. Would love for someone to give it a look over, but seems to be producing the correct output.

Originally was doing multiple multi-row formulas, but the transpose then cross tab approach worked pretty well.

Meteor

Good intro to multi-row/group by tool.

Meteoroid

My solution to number 3.  Two joins at the end for clarity of flow.  

Asteroid

Finally posting some of my solutions! This was a really fun one! 

Spoiler
This was a great way to think about how to do numerous running averages at a time instead of having tons of multi-row formulas.
Challenge 3.PNG
Highlighted
Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 3.png
Atom

Hi,

Below is my solution for Challenge 3.

Cheers,

IP

Alteryx Partner
Spoiler