Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

Paul-Evans
9 - Comet

I did some further investigation and noticed that "HP Category" is not selected in the r6mo multi-row formula (tool 75) like it was in the r3mo one. 

toury
5 - Atom

nbandla
7 - Meteor

My Solution

Weekly Challenge 3.PNG

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

mek201gs
6 - Meteoroid

Doesn't look much like the solution shared but here goes... Multi-Row Formula is def not my fave!

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

JamesMA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

sann0638
8 - Asteroid

Here's my version.  Is the start file still wrong in terms of its output file?

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

My first use of Transpose and Cross Tab. Very powerful. Looks like I forgot to use the Imputation tool.

DavidCJohnson
6 - Meteoroid

Similar to other solutions that I have seen.

Sajeel_Kershi
8 - Asteroid

Challenge 3 completed -  a bit more challenging then the others.

Struggled a bit to reconcile with the solution. I think the provided solution has an error. On the Multi Formula Tool the calculations need to be grouped by HP Category and by the measure Name. In the provided solution it is for the 3 month average but on the 6 month average it is only grouped by the measure Name.

The other thing I noticed is that its probably not a good idea to have field names with "." in it. Using the crosstab tool it substitutes "_" for the "." which resulted in a mismatch when I tried to reconcile (fixed by renaming the field)

joefrazey
5 - Atom

Excited to see how this was actually solved!