Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

kat
12 - Quasar

Handled this with a macro, but would've loved to turn it into a single macro... The awesome macro logic is from CReW macros!

Update after looking at the solution: Went way complicated... Forgot about that simple transpose trick 🙂 

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

Marek
5 - Atom

Hi All,

Through trial and error I finally came up to the solution that surprised me a bit :).

The pattern is that we need to apply two (similar) calculations to a few sets of data (grouped by HP Category).

After cleaning NULL values I applied multi-row formula tool 12 times and it worked fine, here is my solution:

Challenge_3_solution_screen_grab.PNG

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

ChrisB_dup_72
7 - Meteor

my solution

jzondervan
7 - Meteor

Found my solution. This link helped me a lot!

willstom1
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution:

yavdaanalytics
8 - Asteroid

MattDuncan
7 - Meteor

Not as elegant as others solutions but it got the result I was looking for!

bblock
7 - Meteor

Mine is slightly different than the solution provided.  I used an extra column called avg_name to determine whether it is a 3mo or 6 mo and then did a union before my crosstab.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Here's my solution

Vinutha
8 - Asteroid

Interesting one. Used a CrossTab, 2 Summarize and a Transpose.