Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@AKnutson11 - Check out the configuration in the Multi-row tool. You'll see there is a 'group by' box. The groupby will repeat the logic for each distinct group. In this case, each HP category.

iedroso
5 - Atom

Probably there is a more elegant solution than this one, I will have a look to other solutions later... anyway, here it is.

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

iedroso
5 - Atom

I had forgotten some group bys. Here it is fixed

This post has been edited by Community Moderation to redact sensitive attachments. The original attachment has been replaced by post_placeholder.txt.

SimonaLoffredo
6 - Meteoroid

Here my solution for this challenge, I started with a bunch of multirows formula but then I thought there was an easier way using transpose and then crosstab which was cleaner solution. Good one!

MJG
7 - Meteor

DanielArenas
7 - Meteor

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

treating missing values as the number 0 was not clear to me at the start. the reason why the value 0 is returned when it cannot be know, is still unclear to me. great solution by the topic starter, but I think it's just as good to think about why you want these rolling averages rather than bluntly calculating everything there is to calculate. feedback and or badges are well appreciated

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Getting this train going.... I call this my viking ship workflow....haha. 100 other ways to do this but this is one that works

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
anthonyd
6 - Meteoroid

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Definitely should remember to keep it simpler, but I like macros.