Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #3: Running Averages

JonathanK
6 - Meteoroid

my solution

mshishido
7 - Meteor

My solution

jennifer_owens
8 - Asteroid

There has to be an easier, more automated way than what I did here or they would have named these better (3M avg Var) vs Input_#3_var. I look forward to reviewing the answer! 

jennifer_owens
8 - Asteroid

Looks like I forgot to make Nulls into 0

bpiscoya
7 - Meteor

Solution approach:

1. Impute the null values per RM category and Year. Despite some solutions impute 0 the temporal series value, I use the median value  

2. Create the moving average for 3 nd 6 months for each requested field

3. Perform the cross tab

bpiscoya_0-1678678419533.png

PS. if anyone has the spoiler code button, please let me know :)

PrachiD
8 - Asteroid

SUbmission for Challenge 3 Alteryx Advanced 

dougbaron
8 - Asteroid

this one gives quite a bit of frustration, but I figured it out. It matches the expected output.

Spoiler
The instructions says for Values that do not exist, set values to closest valis row. This, I was assuming was for multi-row formula tool. For 3mo average and 10rm 6mo average, it used just that. For all other 6mo average, it calculated only on the months available and divided by 6. ie single month value divided by 6....2 month values divided by 6...etc.

For sorting, the original data found in the output is sorted to original column order. For 3mo and 6mo averages, they are sorted in alphabetical order.

The origin of the 3mo and 6mo average name are not helpful either.
dougbaron_0-1679003071826.png

dwstada
10 - Fireball

had this one sitting around for a few months cause it looked way too annoying

Spoiler
dwstada_0-1679262440320.png

will have to check the official solution, because I doubt this is how it is supposed to be solved

Alex_Stoica
7 - Meteor

Challenge #3 - Solution

Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

Image.png