Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #297: Rubik Cube

jasonkan
6 - Meteoroid

100% matched, bonus included

Spoiler
jasonkan_0-1638963430660.png

mmotte628
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Rubik's Cube.PNG
TH
8 - Asteroid

Lots of people are using inner joins to deal with parts 2 and 3.

There's ambiguity, though, with the way these questions are phrased and with the assumptions that might be made about the datasets.

The first dataset contains a competition, the date it was held, and the place in which it was held. 7094 records. Looks good.

In the second dataset we have one record per competitor to indicate their nationality, their average solve time, and a competition. But what does that mean? Kaggle says it is one competition at which the competitor achieved that average solve time over the person's five best attempts during that competition.

To answer questions 2 and 3 wouldn't we really ought to know, in addition to the nation the competitor represents, each competitor's average and best times at each competition in which that competitor competed?

Anyway, here's my solution. I had to use several minor tools to get the output into the format that they wanted.

Spoiler
TH_0-1638991835994.png

ryan-bush
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
ryanbush_0-1638984775131.png

These times are incredible, I posted a 22 second solve once and was pretty proud of that, need to reevaluate my life choices.

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Crazy week working on puzzles of my own. Finally got a chance to knock this one down.

Spoiler
TonyA_0-1638988251732.png

todnov
7 - Meteor

!

J_Koevoets
5 - Atom

This one was quite fun.

reyreygg
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
reyreygg_0-1639029072742.png

jacekDziuba
7 - Meteor

Thank for the challenge! 🦉

hanneymartins
6 - Meteoroid

Always good to work a little bit with some report tools.