Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #296: Breaking News - Headlines and Keywords

ChrisMelck
8 - Asteroid

Forecast bit required help

Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

My solution::::

tanyafischer
8 - Asteroid

solved :)

MilindG
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
MilindG_0-1658256998673.png

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

Mondays have the most Sports articles of which 35 contained Football either in the headline and/or the keywords.

leonhekkert
8 - Asteroid

My solution (without the bonus)

Spoiler
Challenge_296.png
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
296.png
simi22
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
simi22_1-1661263890114.png

simi22_0-1661263848018.png

Solved

lkim524
8 - Asteroid

The wording of the challenge is a little ambiguous as it states:

"Your second task is to identify how many times the word "Football" or "football" is in the headline or keywords on the day of the week that has the highest number of sport articles published."

which makes it sound like you are counting and summing the specific number of instances that "Football" or "football" appear in either the headline or keywords.

The output, though, is just based on whether or not "Football" or "football" appears anywhere in the keywords or headline and flagging it to be counted.  For example, say the "football" keyword shows up 3x in the keyword field.  The total sum count in terms of the model output, though, would just count this article as 1.

karlhansen
9 - Comet
Spoiler
solution_296.jpg

For the bonus I calculated an average monthly comment, then divided 20 million less 2020's comments and advanced from 12/31/2020.  I was within a month.