Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #293: Top 5 Artists

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

image_top5.PNGA solution to last week's challenge can be found here.

The Billboard (magazine) is a weekly American music and entertainment magazine that provides music charts. The Hot 100 lists the 100 most popular songs of the week in the US.

This dataset contains information about the Top 100 most popular songs between 2015 and 2021. Find out the top 5 artists and songs who stayed on the chart the longest (weekly) for each in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. Then create a table in the format of your choice to display your results.

Hint: The column "Weeks on Chart" shows how many weeks the song was on the charts since its launch.

Aaron_Harter
11 - Bolide

Some great tunes to check out!

Spoiler
0.PNG
Blake
12 - Quasar

What type of music do balloons fear?

Spoiler
pop music

Blinding Lights really dominated 2020. I just created a boring chart, I might take another run at it later.

Spoiler
293SS.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Garish formatting,

Spoiler
PhilipMannering_0-1636384753707.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus
Spoiler
binuacs_0-1636386965365.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
293.jpg293R.jpg

My solution

DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

Fun challenge as usual, and more Reporting tools!  Our solution below, as well as our live build on YouTube.  

Spoiler
Solution:
DataPrepChad_0-1636388048177.png

And of course our LIVE build:

DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

@Blake  and @RolandSchubert, nice grouping!  This is a huge value for the reporting tools!

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Good challenge!

Spoiler
challenge_293_start_file_Alex Abi-Najm.PNG
Annoying with all of the column rules - any way to group by a column and set a color palette similar to the Report Map tool?
allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Good Challenge... Hope Atleast this reply gets flagged as my First Solution... Happy that I can see my Name on 1st or 2nd Page... 😂

Spoiler
allwynthomas24_0-1636388509035.png