Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #292: It's about Pivoting, Prepping and Reporting!

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As with many of the challenges, I don't always agree that less tools are better. I definitely could have combined some of the summarise tools, and in some cases, the Cross-tab will do it for you. I cheated with the sort order to prevent having to order in the Union and I corrected the headers as that's a trick that everyone needs to know.

Spoiler
KaneG_0-1635916872603.png

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

LESSION LEARNED:

I was stuck on how to get Grant Total from 1st Row to Last Row. Today came to know that sometimes to achieve Sorting you just need to manipulate by adding new column with 0's & 1's. Thanks for the trick @Aaron_Harter.

Spoiler
allwynthomas24_0-1635919404430.png

(Hope someday @AYXAcademy flags my reply as Solution. Eagerly waiting for that day)

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

Here is my solution!

Spoiler
Sebastiaandb_0-1635926547945.png

DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPGキャプチャ2.JPG

  

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I am using more tools than other persons.🤔

Spoiler
challenge_292.PNG
AlexvanOs
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

Spoiler
I took some shortcuts. Crosstab count needs a numeric value, ID is a string. But since ID is just as unique as SD No and SD No is numeric, I didn't bother with replace 'ID' with '10' and then tonumber

Then, my second shortcut was setting the columns. First, I selected only the columns needed for my first column rules in the table tool, Team and Region. Then I made the 3 rules for header, total, grand total for both Team and Dynamic, then I made select show all columns again.

I left it in my solution to show the placing, but it could be removed entirely for a cleaner flow.
Solution 292.png

shawnmacnova21
7 - Meteor

Fun challenge - Reporting tools always need a refresher

Spoiler
Screenshot 2021-11-03 112338.png
kceleven11
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
kceleven11_0-1635955670726.png

Spalders
8 - Asteroid