Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #291: A Winning Halloween Candy Basket

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

A solution to last week’s challenge can be found here."Pumpkins Halloween 2013" by Mod Mischief is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0"Pumpkins Halloween 2013" by Mod Mischief is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0

Pumpkins abound, and squirrels are happy. It’s that time of the year! Halloween is in just a few days, and you need to get candy for trick-or-treaters.

This Halloween dataset contains 85 types of candy. Take a closer look at the columns:
- sugar percentage - The percentile of sugar it falls under within the data set.
- price percentage - The unit price percentile compared to the rest of the set.
- favorite percentage - The overall win percentage according to 269,000 matchups.

Your house is going to be a hit if your candy basket includes the following:
- The 5 candies with the lowest “sugar percentage”. An average trick or treater consumes 7,000 calories worth of candy, so you want to offer some healthy options.
- The 5 candies with the highest “favorite percentage”. Your neighbors know you are a people pleaser!
- The 5 candies with the lowest “price percentage”. The giant tarantula inflatables you bought weren’t cheap, so you need to save some money on the treats.

And no peanut or almond candies.
The teal pumpkins at your front door communicate that your candy basked is allergy-friendly. (Did you know that’s a “thing”?)

Hint

Make sure to filter out all candies that are not allergy friendly first.

Among the 85 types of candy from the dataset, what are the 15 candies to have in your basket?

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution.

Spoiler
AkimasaKajitani_0-1635166697173.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
PhilipMannering_0-1635166755903.png

richardatherton
6 - Meteoroid

A solution to Challenge 291. 

Spoiler
challenge_291_richardatherton.PNG
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
patrick_digan_0-1635166819434.png

DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
キャプチャ.JPG
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I did not know there were even "teal" pumpkins, let alone that they help prevent allergic reactions. Very cool!

Spoiler
challenge_291_start_file_Alex Abi-Najm.PNG
JasonHu
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
workflow.png

Here is my submission.

DeanWest
9 - Comet

Glad this Weekly Challenge was a treat and not a trick🍬

Spoiler
challenge_291_solution_DeanWest-snippet.png