Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #29: Alteryx '16 Grand Prix (Race1, L1)

Verakso
11 - Bolide

Once again, I find out that I am not Grand Prix ready 🏁

My time for this was somewhat 18 minutes + 

Spoiler
Okay, Personally I don't think it helped my time at all, that the provided result had an additional field, that was not in the source data,

If I eventually hadn't downloaded the provides solution, and noticed that the result there did not match the provided result, then I probably  would still have been working on it 😀

Anyways, here is my solution as close as it gets
My WorkflowMy Workflow

Still on my way to Lhotse Face

/Verakso

jevon
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
29.PNG
SandeepSK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
Solution shown below.

Challenge 29 Solution.PNG

RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

OK my solution posted below. A little bit different to the solution posted but got the same results.

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

First leg completed!

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Here's my take on this... Not sure why I would want to do this type of work, but I think I have the required and result

Spoiler
29.png
ChrisMelck
8 - Asteroid

Time pressure makes it a bit more intense

joemkcarr
8 - Asteroid

Hannah_Lissaman
11 - Bolide

My solution :)

justindavis
10 - Fireball

Whew... got a ways to go to get faster. This one took longer than I'd hoped, but also think part of that is because I didn't realize until later that there is an extra column in the sample output that I didn't realize how to generate in my workflow.

Spoiler
challenge_29_solution_justindavis.PNG