Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #29: Alteryx '16 Grand Prix (Race1, L1)

luciebrett
8 - Asteroid

I did originally have the uppercase part later on using data cleansing but integrated into the formula tool.

kcgreen
8 - Asteroid

Done

Spoiler

29.JPG

aclaxton
8 - Asteroid

Thought I had the solution in under 10, but I had lost A.J. Polluk in my efforts to be quick :P

Still got it in under 20.

Spoiler
Week 29.png
asabau
8 - Asteroid

maxjohnson02
8 - Asteroid

This was a fun one

data_rachel
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Like @Natasha and others, I spent ages trying to work out how I was supposed to find (or create?) my missing field. Other than that, pretty standard answer. Except I used left joins, and I note that the official solution (and most other people) only used the joined fields. I didn't want to lose any of the players in my Picks. It doesn't seem to have made any difference in the final number of records though.

challenge29.PNG
Inactive User
Not applicable

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached. I did similar to others. However, by my reading of the problem the solution should only have 252 records, matching the number of Fantasy Picks in the source. I did a little investigation to see that Matt Duffy is in the Hitter Stats source twice on two different teams, but I didn't spend time determining how best to merge to a single record. The fact that Duffy is counted as two players in the subsequent challenges creates a slight skew on some of the problems.

daniel_ferreira
8 - Asteroid

Follow my solution file attached...

JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

Fun stuff!