Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #289: Prep a Shoe List

zoya_asgari
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

My results are slightly different. I counted for the duplicates and also have one shoe with 4 colors. 

barnap03
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution - it seems to be different than most (I removed the duplicates before creating new IDs), but I am sticking to it:

Spoiler
barnap03_1-1634064461217.png

PatrickW_
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

first post!

EW
11 - Bolide

Fun challenge!  Pretty sure I could have used fewer tools, but oh well.  

Spoiler
My solution differs slightly, I believe because I cleaned the colors and used a unique tool first.  Otherwise I got four (duplicative) colors for one of them.
289_EW.PNG
kceleven11
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
kceleven11_0-1634067765098.png

Michael_McKee
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Some fun sorting.

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid

Here is my submission; I got a slightly different output because I was trying to automate the workflow, so I have 4 colours in the output for New ID 1533.

Spoiler
workflow.png
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The hardest part of this challenge was matching the given solution. I had eliminated duplicate rows and duplicate colors and had to go back and remove all that to get close. But one row in the solution somehow lost the size that was provided in the source data. I drew the line at removing that value just to get an exact match.

Spoiler
TonyA_0-1634083924958.png

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

289!

kelvin_law1
9 - Comet

Here is my solution:

Spoiler
kelvinlaw_0-1634089446985.png

kelvinlaw_1-1634089484601.png